Want Tinder with less ‘indoor-sy’ stuff?
WeGoDo is merging proximity and outdoor sports. You tell WeGoDo what your interests are (mountain biking, climbing, running) and they match you up with other people in the area. It also shows the skill level of your matches so you can weed out the chumps.
Robin Brattel, WeGoDo Founder and CEO, told MTBaction, “Everyone has a passion or interest they would love to spend more time on. The problem is finding people to share it with. WeGoDo facilitates online and real life connections so that people can connect, share, and ultimately GoDo more of what they love. We chose mountain biking as one of our initial launch interests because mountain bikers are an adventurous and dedicated group that we want to help get better connected.”
From the looks of it, most of their marketing material and blog content is focused on biking but by the looks of it, other sports will be added soon.
For now, you need an invite code to sign up. I have requested a code, and once approved, I will write a full review.
From their (hard to navigate, and limited) site:
- Match: We let you match with other GoDoers based on interest, level, and distance. You decide what’s local. 100 miles in California or 5 miles in Vermont.
- Connect: Connect and follow the people who inspire you, just plain fun to watch, or you want to buddy up with.
- Chat: Chat instantly and privately with new friends you have connected with – make plans, share expertise, or talk about the weather (for skiing).
- Post: Share your funniest moments or best tips with the community. Join the party.
- Feed: Richly curated feed of expert content, local recommendations and relevant deals. We give you the best of the web.