Young guns flooded the podium this weekend at the U.S. Sport Climbing National Championships.
15 year-old Kai Lightner won the U.S. Sport Climbing National Championships hosted in Watertown, Massachusetts. The highschool sophomore is just topping off his first year of eligibility climbing out of the youth category where he won eight U.S. youth championships in bouldering and sport climbing.
Earlier this month there was more kiddo-news when Ashima became the first female to send a 5.15!
U.S. Sport Climbing National Championships results:
- Kai Lightner, Fayetteville, N.C.
- Jesse Grupper, Montclair, N.J.
- Matty Hong, Boulder, Colo.
- Carlo Traversi, Santa Rosa, Calif.
- Brendan Mitchell, Argyle, Texas
- Elan Jonas McRae, Nanaimo, B.C., Canada
- Mike Foley, Boston
- Solomon Barth, Collegeville, Pa.
- Garrett Gregor, Boulder, Colo.
- Austin Gelman, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- Delaney Miller, Frisco, Texas
- Margo Hayes, Boulder, Colo.
- Claire Buhrfeind, Plano, Texas
- Alex Puccio, Boulder, Colo.
- Sidney Trinidad, Seattle
- Grace McKeehan, Frisco, Texas
- Kyra Condie, Shoreview, Minn.
- Katherine Lamb, Lexington, Mass.
- Kayla Lieuw, Potomac, Md.
- Melina Costanza, Seattle